Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 4: Comment on Kathy Kellen's Blog



Wk 4 Reading "WE all Have a Story..."

Each of us has a story about our EMDT year. We have shared the same courses and course directors, yet each of us has had a unique experience, because of the "life" that "happened" during the past 11 months.
A huge part of my experience can be related to the "WE story"! (Zander, 2000) "The WE story points to relationship rather than to individuals, to communication patterns, gestures, and movement rather than to discrete objects and identities." (p.183)
The WE encouraged growth. WE are each other's cheerleaders, support, and have shared laughter, prayers and tears. Competition was set aside, instead there is appreciation of unique styles and the focus on the "unseen threads that connect us all" (p.183)
The WE helps me to see the possibilities beyond the end of this journey to the beginning of another.
I am SO thankful for my EMDT WE story!
Posted by kathykellen at 9:21 AM

Joe Huber said...
Kathy, I just have to thank you (and the entire group) for allowing me to be part of the WE, at least what I was comfortable with.
I appreciate the WE understood my idiosyncrasies and belief that online learning does not HAVE to be cooperative learning, but rather it CAN be.

I look forward to seeing the WE evolve through WoW.
August 26, 2010 10:45 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment