Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 3: Publishing/Leadership Part II

Image ChoiceinLife 1 from The Stock Exchange http://www.sxc.hu


I felt like I really needed to look at the submission guidelines for the various publications to see where I might be interested in, or be able to submit it for consideration.

There are many excellent sources to choose from, and Edutopia would have been my first. However, this past year they decided to eliminate the magazine portion of their organization and there weren't any links present which indicated that they would take submissions for consideration for inclusion on their site. I plan to email them to ascertain the new process for submission as well as for the guidelines to do so.

Since ISTE is another of my fan favorites, I decided to look at the requirements for publishing in thier Journal of Research on Technology in Education. Unfortunately the length requirements begin at 4000 words which is 2000 more than the allowed length for MAC.

After a bit more searching, I came upon Computing in Education (AACE). What I particularly like about this publication is that I can submit my AR project to a subject appropriate publication, which in my case would be social studies.

I'm getting closer to making my final decision, but I do realize that I need to do a bit more research into the choice of publication before I begin composing my paper for submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment